Modern Slavery Policy
Blackadders LLP Minimum Labour Standards & Modern Slavery Act Policy
- Child Labour – Blackadders LLP does not engage in or support the use of child labour. If Blackadders LLP engages any young workers (e.g. on work experience), it will ensure that a suitable risk assessment is carried out and that young persons are not exposed to any hazardous conditions, or in any case work more than 8 hours per day.
- Forced & Compulsory Labour – Blackadders LLP shall not engage in or support the use of forced or compulsory labour, or bonded or involuntary prison labour. Employees are free to leave upon reasonable notice.
- Health & Safety – Blackadders LLP shall provide a safe and healthy workplace environment and shall take effective steps to prevent potential accidents and injury to employees’ health by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, and in co-operation with its employees, the causes of hazards inherent in the workplace. All employees will receive safety and job specific instructions during the course of their employment with Blackadders LLP. Employees shall have access to clean sanitary facilities and drinking water.
- Freedom of Association – the freedom of association is respected and Blackadders LLP will comply with UK labour relations legislation in this regard.
- Discrimination – Blackadders LLP shall not engage in or support any discriminatory practices in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, national or social origin, caste, religion, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliations, age or other conditions that could give rise to discrimination. Blackadders LLP has an Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy which is shown to all new employees at induction.
- Disciplinary Practices – Blackadders LLP shall treat all employees with dignity and respect. Blackadders LLP shall not engage in or tolerate the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse of personnel. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
- Working Hours – Blackadders LLP shall comply with applicable laws and industry standards on working hours and holiday entitlements. Blackadders LLP’s normal working hours do not exceed 48 hours per week, and overtime hours do not exceed 12 hours per week. Blackadders LLP ensures all employees have the legal right to be employed in the UK.
- Remuneration – Blackadders LLP shall comply with national laws and regulations with regard to wages and benefits. All work related activities are carried out on the basis of a recognised employment relationship established according to national law and practice.
- Modern Slavery Act – Blackadders LLP are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.