Our Response to the Climate Emergency
Blackadders is a leading Scottish law firm providing our clients with first-class legal advice and experience. We recognise that our day-to-day operations can directly and indirectly impact the environment. We understand our responsibility to manage this effectively.
Our Environmental Policy demonstrates our commitment to the environment and is supported by a roadmap and action plan for delivering and maintaining these important credentials. We will comply with all relevant legislation, minimise pollution that generates harmful greenhouse gasses and monitor progress and performance against agreed targets to ensure we continually improve our environmental performance.
Our Environmental Policy
Blackadders LLP is committed to achieving outstanding environmental performance and sustainable working practices in all aspects of legal work and support operations that we undertake. We will consider the environmental impact of every decision made in the operations of our business and set ourselves ambitious targets for each environmental objective.
- Waste Management. We will reduce, reuse and recycle materials wherever possible.
- Sustainable Procurement. We will work closely with our suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders to ensure our procurement of supplies and services have demonstrable environmental credentials. We will incorporate energy efficiency as a key component for new equipment and services.
- Facilities Management. We have an ongoing building refurbishment programme which has the environment at its core in respect of maximising energy savings through heating, lighting and other aspects. For example, the use of low-energy lighting, movement control features and energy efficient heating devices.
- Sustainable Working Practices. A commitment to hybrid working reducing the need for staff travel to office and adopting digital technologies in the way we interact with our clients to minimise the need for office visits. We are committed to paper-lite working practices with a target of reducing paper printing by 90% by 2023.
- Sustainable Travel. We will improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel footprint by encouraging the use of public transport when travel is essential and supporting home working supported by technological solutions. We are committed to replacing our fleet of pool cars with electric vehicles by 2025.
- People Awareness. We encourage staff awareness of environmental credentials through communications, training and KPI dashboards.