Fantastic opportunity for a talented cashroom assistant who is looking for a dynamic, positive working environment that will allow you to develop your skills and career in Dundee. Apply now to join our successful and rapidly expanding firm.
At Blackadders, our success depends on our people, productivity, and procedures so we can be the best firm for our private and corporate clients. A cashroom assistant is the driving force providing an efficient and effective financial administrative service for each of these areas, and we’re currently seeking someone stellar to take the reins.
The ideal professional for the role is a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset. You should ideally have prior experience thriving in a cashroom capacity in an office environment, however this is not essential. Multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected are essential qualities to bring to the position.
- Making sure all Finance procedures are followed in accordance with the Law Society Accounts Rules.
- Carrying out daily banking tasks for both Client/Firm Banking as well as general cashroom admin tasks
- Working with the purchase ledger to process supplier invoices/payments
- Reconciling bank accounts/statements producing accurate bank reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis and reconciling designated client bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Processing daily uplifts/lodgements online for designated client accounts
- Processing all client payments via bacs/chaps/international payments online when instructions received from Fee Earners
- Carrying out month end procedures, post-dated cheque requests, expense runs and processing daily entries, queries and requests that come through the cashroom
Skills and Knowledge
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with ability to learn new software and systems
- Hybrid working
- Early birthday finish
- 31 days holiday allowance, 4 bank holidays
- Buy/sell holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Loyalty award payments after 5 years of service
- One day paid volunteering per year
- 4% matched pension contribution
- Discounted legal fees
- Career development support
- A top ranked Scottish law firm
– Chambers UK Top Ranked
– Legal 500 Leading Firm
– Legus International Network
- Rapidly expanding firm with future growth ambition
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org