Blackadders LLP is aiming to become the employer of choice for ambitious Scottish lawyers and the destination for clients looking for the best advice from the best people.
We are committed to investing in our people, technology and working environment, and to the professional development of our team. We are in the early stages of implementing our new IT strategy aiming to be the technology leader among Scottish law firms making use of secure, industry leading, cloud hosted technology to support our fee earners to deliver the excellent legal services our clients expect.
We are looking for an Application Support and Improvement Manager who has the skills and knowledge to build an understanding of our existing application ecosystem, the analysis and interpersonal skills to build relationships with colleagues to understand the challenges they face and the imagination and experience to design the efficient, customer focussed, integrated systems that will deliver our future vision.
Apply now to join our successful and forward-thinking firm. We want to help you showcase your strengths, obtain support and guidance to develop and enhance your career, and find friendship. Now is an exciting time to join Blackadders as we progressively evolve and grow the firm. We believe Blackadders is one of the best firms to work for in Scotland and we want to create an environment where talented people can thrive and achieve their ambitions.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Blackadders application stack forms a coherent and integrated IT service which meets the current and future needs of the firm and underpins the ongoing improvement strategy. The role is hands-on with a requirement for wide ranging interaction with colleagues and stakeholders. The role holder will be expected to become knowledgeable about the configuration and usage of all of our systems and will be expected to deliver ongoing, evidence-based improvements to improve customer experience, efficiency, reliability and security.
The role sits within a multi-disciplinary IT team and reports to the Head of Data and Technology. Opportunities exist to make a real difference and to work with the latest and greatest technologies.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and self-driven individual who is able to work with minimum supervision whilst being highly productive.
- Support the Head of Data and Technology in identifying functionality or skills gaps with the firms current systems and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Creation of dashboards and reports across all systems to support evidence based decision making and process monitoring.
- Reduction of technical debt through identification and configuration of appropriate, modern, alternative technology solutions.
- Recommend and implement approved system and process changes to deliver improvements in data quality and security based on industry best practice.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders across the firm using consultation, process analysis and observation to gather requirements and deliver continuous improvement projects to ensure continued efficient and effective service delivery.
- Identify and work closely with service, process and data owners assisting them in the performance of their roles as required by ITIL processes.
- Act as technical lead on the implementation and ongoing development of the finance, matter and document management system working closely with colleagues and external consultants to ensure that requirements are suitably captured and communicated, and working to find, test and deliver system solutions that best meet the needs of the firm.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all applications and processes in use across the firm and the relevant use cases to support improvement work.
- Use creativity and innovation to design new and / or improved processes or application solutions to support the needs of the firm.
- Recommend and implement approved system configuration changes to deliver more effective / efficient operations specifically including opportunities for integrations and automation.
- Lead on testing of all new releases and management of all UAT.
- Management of application, data and integration catalogues.
- Provision of advanced support to users of line of business systems through our ticketing system when escalated by service desk colleagues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current trends in the legal, professional services and technology industries to identify innovative solutions and improvements.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience
- Adopts a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to tasks with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable and wide-ranging experience of process / systems analysis and delivery of improvements.
- A proactive approach to work, with the ability to generate ideas and translate them into practical outcomes / solutions.
- Degree qualified in a computing or science related discipline, candidates without a formal qualification but relevant experience who can demonstrate the required skills and experience will also be considered.
- Experience of working in an ITIL compliant IT environment.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and SQL queries.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Working knowledge of Elite 3E / MatterSphere, Microsoft Collaboration technologies, Jira Service Management, PowerBI, PowerApps
- Experience of managing and leading projects
- Experience of process improvement methodology
- Death in service benefit
- Early birthday finish
- 35 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible Hybrid Working Environment
- Health Cash Plan (Medicash)
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Trading of up to 5 days holiday per year
- Paid day off for volunteering
- Pre-planned firm get togethers throughout the year
- Employee Assistance Program
The salary for this role is competitive and dependent on experience.
Please send your CV to email@example.com